Hello, I’m Lisa Tener, an award-winning book-writing coach, published author and columnist for the Huffington Post. For many years now, I’ve been fortunate to work with people in all areas of the publishing industry, particularly writers who have an important story to tell or information to share with the world. These new writers are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people and are eager to learn more about how to write a book. Some are just beginning to envision their book; others are well along in the process of writing a book.
I’ve created this website – “How to Write a Book” – as a place where writers of memoir, how-to and self-help books, as well as fiction, can learn from and share with other writers and with readers. The Author Interviews you’ll find here each week, conducted by contributing writers, are intended to provide both inspiration and practical tips on writing a book. I hope you will find ideas to jumpstart your own creative process and insights on how to stay motivated while writing a book.
The forum provided by “How to Write a Book” is intended to build a supportive writing community. I invite you to ask questions, leave comments – ENGAGE! Not every author we feature in our Interviews will have time to respond, but some will and we hope our readers will engage each other in conversation as well.
“Can I Write a Book?”
As a book writing coach, I’ve helped many people find their voice and tell their story, some of whom went on to secure 5- and 6-figure book deals with major publishers. Others realized their ambition of self-publishing a book or an e-book. Some of them will share their stories in coming Author Interviews. Their dreams of publishing all began with that one powerful question – “Can I write a book?” – and the answer was YES!
If you are considering writing a book but don’t know how to begin, take a look at the information I’ve provided on how to write a book. This page outlines the process and the issues you will need to consider.
I invite you to sign up to receive my FREE Author Toolkit. It includes:
- My book-writing e-course: “7 Days to Start Writing Your Nonfiction or How-to Book”
- Crucial advice on how to start writing and how to overcome writers’ block and other barriers to progress
- Powerful writing exercises to help you uncover your unique voice
- Bi-weekly writing and publishing tips, and
- A complimentary audio that has the power to transform your writing and clarify your book decisions
As a book writing coach, my goal is to help aspiring writers tap into their passion and inspiration so their book-writing journey is fun and satisfying. For many people, the Author Toolkit is the first step in that journey.
At my Book Writing Coach website you’ll find other useful tools for successfully writing and marketing a book, including:
- “Quick Start to Kick-Start Your Book: Turn Your Passion into Profit,” a self-study program to help you clarify your message, create a structure for your book and develop a reasonable timeframe for writing.
- “Bring Your Book to Life” program, an 8-week, real-time, interactive course that offers accountability, detailed feedback, personal guidance and weekly support (click here to see a video about this program).
Finally, I provide one-on-one writing coaching for those who are serious about getting their book done and into the hands of a publisher and an audience. If you are looking for personalized help on how to write and publish a book, contact me to schedule a consultation.